This was a super fun little project I did for a ladybug challenge. I was able to upcycle a few things and I always like it when I can use something old and turn it into something new, but you can find the supplies you need at any dollar store.
What You Need
– Small oval jewellery Box (You can find oval boxes at most Dollar Stores)
– Red fabric (I used a section of an old scarf)
– Black Ribbon
– Black foam curler
– Black cut out circles (I used thin shells from an old necklace)
– 2 eyes
– Small sewing kit (Can buy at the Dollar store)
– Stuffing (You could mold tinfoil and it would keep the pins sharp Looking back I wished I done that!)
Glue stuffing to top of box and cover in fabric, also gluing the fabric to the edge of the lid.
Glue a strip of black ribbon down the center of the lady bug and around the bottom edge of the lid.
Add black dots – you can make them from whatever you have available – foam, cardboard etc. You can find colored circles of all colors and sizes at most dollar stores
Cut a black foam curler to the shape that works and clue to the front
Glue on 2 eyes